Veneers are a great way to restore your smile while retaining a major part of a tooth’s natural structure. They are thin shells made of porcelain that are custom fabricated to match the shape and contour of the tooth that they would fit on. They are widely used to treat teeth that are damaged, misshapen, and discolored. Our highly-skilled dental team has treated several patients who required a cosmetic makeover with Veneers. We provide veneers made from the best quality dental material, which would last longer and give you the smile that you always longed for.
Are you a good candidate for veneers?
You are a good candidate for veneers if you fall under one of the following categories:
- Misshapen teeth: Teeth that are naturally out of shape can be brought to the right contour using veneers.
- Cracked or Fractured teeth: An injury to the mouth could crack, or even fracture teeth. If they have enough material in them and can be restored back, veneers can be used for the purpose.
- Chipped teeth: Chipped or broken teeth are the ones in which a part of them are broken off due to injury. Their shape and the biting surface can be restored using veneers.
- Worn out teeth: Sometimes, teeth may face excessive wear due to teeth grinding or bruxism. Their crown length can be increased using veneers.
- Discolored teeth: Discoloration of teeth may occur due to improper brushing techniques, excessive consumption of colored foods, and due to the natural wear of teeth. When teeth whitening techniques do not yield the required results, veneers can be bonded to their frontal surface to make them look whiter.
After a thorough initial screening, the dentist decides whether or not you would require a veneer. The teeth will be cleaned and any accumulated plaque and tartar on the teeth will be removed. A thin layer of enamel will be removed from the tooth to make space for the veneer. Precise molds and X-rays of the tooth will be taken to serve as a reference for fabricating the veneer.
The data will be sent to a laboratory for fabrication using dental grade ceramic material. Once the veneer is fabricated, the tooth will be prepared prior to bonding it to the tooth. It will be treated will certain chemical agents to increase the surface roughness of the tooth to make sure the restoration adheres perfectly to the tooth. Dental adhesives will be used for this purpose and the dentist makes sure the veneer offers a perfect fit and bite.
Why should you choose a veneer?
- Veneers are strong and durable. They experience less wear during the long run. With proper care, they are expected to last for several years.
- They perfectly mimic the appearance of the natural teeth.
- They can be used for cosmetic dental purposes such as restoring teeth that are chipped, cracked, and discolored.
Call us at (925) 933-0677 or schedule an online appointment to make a visit to our office.